Friday, June 3, 2011

French Toast

We finally made some french toast with GF bread- and it was good!


I used the King Arthur Flour bread mix to make the bread. I haven't had time to try a bunch of recipes yet, and this is the box mix I like the best so far. (Thank you, Grandma Wilhelm!) And it's available at Meijer, so easily obtainable.

Comes out looking and tasting like any other homemade bread. And, it's kind of nice that it doesn't have to be kneaded. So far the GF breads I've made have a cake batter consistency dough.  Super easy, beat with a mixer!
Here's the recipe we use...
4 eggs
2/3 C of almond milk
1/3 C GF all purpose flour mix (I used this recipe but subbed tapioca startch for the sweet white rice flour that I didn't have.)
1/3 C sugar
1/2 t vanilla (check that it is GF!)
1/4 t salt
1/8 t cinnamin

Mix ingredients.
Heat skillet, butter or grease.
Dip bread for 30 seconds per side and let cook until nicely browned on each side.
Serve with syrup or powdered sugar.

I did double the recipe, but had more than enough for the whole loaf of bread.Not sure that a whole recipe was left, though.  Original recipe says this make 6 slices of Texas Toast.  I've never made it that way...but also can't remember how many we normally get out of it, Maybe 8 or 10? Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment